Like good health, good skin starts in the kitchen. It does not matter if you apply tons of expensive creams and serums, but if you lack in the nutrition department, it shows on your skin. Try to incorporate the following food groups in your diet to get beautiful, glowing skin.
1. Lycopene - Tomatoes are rich in Lycopene, an anti-oxidant that helps make your skin soft and smooth, and provide clear skin. Other fruits like Guava, watermelons, papaya and grapefruit also contain Lycopene.
2. Beta Carotene - Colored Vegetables like Orange and Yellow bell peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes and orange squash are rich in Beta Carotene. Beta Carotene prevents oxidative damage.
3. Vitamin C - Citrus fruits, Strawberries, Kiwi, Broccoli are rich in Vitamin C which may help with skin elasticity and prevent premature aging.
4. Healthy Fats- Ghee, Avocado oil, Olive oil, Nuts, are some examples of healthy fats that need to be consumed, as fats are the building blocks of skin membrane and help with skin elasticity and help in getting that glow and shine.
5. Omega-3 - Omega-3 Fats can be derived from foods like Salmon, Anchovies, Walnuts, Help seeds and Flax seeds. Omega-3 fats may help with dry, itchy skin and provide elasticity.